As of now, there are different varieties of carpet available on the market. To name a few, we have Smartstrand, Sorona, PTT polyester, and Triexta. A customer can undoubtedly have the option to have them combined.
Despite the obfuscation of different brands and varieties, a few things must be kept in mind before you go shopping for a suitable carpet. Firstly, the most available product is made of polyester. In order to avoid bewilderment, the material is rebranded from PTT polyester to Triexta. An eco-friendly version of the material is dubbed in the market as Sorona, made of biodegradable corn sugar instead of polyester. Presently, Mohawk is the leading producer that makes PTT Polyester, Sorona, or Triexta carpets. The company has made it available in the market by the name Smartstrand.
This article aims at giving you the proper ways to clean a Mohawk Smartstrand carpet so that it lasts for a long period of time.
Table Of Contents
Qualities of Smartstrand Carpets
1. Excellent stain resistance
The anti-stain capacity of the Smartstrand carpet originates within the fiber, not with a separate overlay. According to the official website of the manufacturer, the special resistance is properly engineered within the thread so that it emerges with a number of new protective layers. Therefore sturdy and durable stain marks such as red wine, mustard, ink, etc. can be ousted simply with a lukewarm glass of water and a pinch of mild detergent. Bleach is ineffective on the surface of the carpet, so the probability of discoloration is ruled out. Residence floors that have children or pets are inclined to repetitive splash and splatter. Busy kitchen spaces can also benefit a lot from the Smartstrand carpets.
2. Eco-friendly nature of Smartstrand Carpets
Sorona Carpets are made of 37% renewable substances. According to the website, to produce one unit of the carpet needs 30% less energy and chemical agents compared to polyester. Although wood carpets have a better edge in being completely eco-friendly.
If the Smartstrand carpet is structured correctly and maintained regularly, it can be highly durable.
How to Clean Mohawk Smartstrand Carpets
It is better to not let stains rest on the body of the carpet once it has been discovered.
- If the spillage is from solid food, it is advised to have it removed by Mohawk Carpet Cleaning Key or a spoon.
- Residual stains on the Smartstrand carpet are to be cleaned with lukewarm water or a warm, wet piece of cloth. Spot removing liquids can also be used.
- Spreading of the spillage must be avoided. Therefore work from the exterior edge towards the center of the spillage.
- Alkaline or Acidic liquids must not be put to use, since it might result in discoloration of the Smartstrand carpet.
In the case of high spillage or immoderate stains, it is advised to seek professional help. There are a number of Floorcare materials available for the Smartstrand carpet in the market from the Mohawk company.
Maintaining Smartstrand Carpets
- The areas of the carpet that are used the most are to be vacuumed on a daily basis. The rest can be vacuumed twice a week.
- Furniture coasters are an excellent choice for avoiding the marks left on the Smartstrand carpets by the heavy weight.
Leave a Comment